Calling great minds
To unleash big ideas
We have bold ambitions to help the world to decarbonise.
To get there, we’ll need great minds ready to unleash big ideas, strong leaders ready to inspire and team players ready to make it happen.
44.01 was borne out of a deep concern for the condition of our planet. We are focused on pioneering mineralisation of CO2 into rock, storing it safely and permanently. Our technology accelerates a natural weathering process, to help permanently eliminate the world’s growing CO2 emissions. We are doing this so our children and their children have a planet they can live and thrive on. Our mission is to make negative emissions accessible, feasible and scalable.
Doing the Right Thing
Legally, morally, and ethically we make wise decisions based on these founding principles
Restore our earth
we are purposeful in our mission to help reduce carbon emissions; we are driven by a passion to restore the balance that has been lost and to bring back a sense of equilibrium
Challenge the Status Quo
To solve the crisis of our generation, we need bold ideas and cutting-edge technology to mitigate climate disaster.
We are hiring
CCO (Commercial Lieutenant)
Remote – Preference for UK, Europe, Middle East time zones, though all geographies will be considered.
44.01 is a CO₂ removal company focused on fighting climate change. We are developing pioneering technology to mineralise CO₂ in subsurface geological formations, enabling the safest and most durable form of CO₂ removal. Our mission is to make CO₂ mineralisation feasible, accessible, and scalable. We are a mission driven business focused on innovation, purpose, risk-taking, doing the right thing, and challenging the status quo.
Our goals over the next 18 months include deploying our first commercial mineralisation sinks, deploying our first commercial-scale direct air capture (DAC) and point-source capture (PSC) projects, and validating the commercial viability of our mineralisation-as-a-service (MaaS) business model by engaging with commercial technology partners, offtakers, financiers, and regulatory entities in the US, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Your work has the potential to directly shape our fight against climate change. Your contribution will help us achieve our goal of mineralising 1 Gt of CO₂ by 2040.
About the role
Reporting directly to the CCO, the Business Development Manager is responsible for developing projects within 44.01’s ambitious and innovative carbon removal strategy. The role involves validating our mineralisation-as-a-service (MaaS) business model by structuring carbon capture and mineralisation projects in close collaboration with 44.01’s engineering and subsurface teams and by engaging with commercial technology partners, off-takers, financiers, and regulatory entities. The role includes the opportunity to build and manage the Business Development team, establish team and individual objectives and deliverables, and ensure all team members are aligned in achieving the company’s goals. Team building requires fostering an environment of collaboration and transparency, empowering employees to have ownership over projects, innovate and overcome any challenges and hurdles. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who will display comfort and resourcefulness in ambiguity and will thrive in an unstructured and fast-paced environment. This is a key role in the company.
What you’ll do
• Develop and execute against business development and commercialisation strategic roadmaps
• Develop and structure projects by engaging with stakeholders including financiers, offtakers, O&M, EPC, utility, and technology providers
• Build complex project financial models to evaluate the economics and carbonomics (life cycle analysis, techno-economic analysis) of carbon capture and removal projects
• Propose, source, negotiate, and execute project financing solutions
• Identify, pursue, and establish new business opportunities
• Identify, draft, and submit grant funding applications
• Conduct independent research from publicly available sources (including scientific publications) and form business recommendations
• Hire and train members of the Business Development team
• Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
• Educate partners about 44.01 and its products and competitive advantages
• Ensure compliance with organisational policies, procedures, and codes
Who you are
• 5+ years of project finance, corporate finance, or investment banking experience (or similar), preferably in energy, O&G, or a similar industry
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Finance (or similar)
• Excellent English verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Comfortable with domestic and international travel
• Experience in developing project finance structures, financial modelling, and cost modelling
• Challenges the status quo, thrives in an unstructured, dynamic start-up environment, at ease with continuous change, and able to sport multiple hats when needed
• Thinks strategically, sees the bigger picture, frames/scopes opportunities into clear and executable deliverables, and sets objectives to develop and improve the business
• Skilled at problem-solving and has an aptitude to learn complex concepts (energy policy, financial structures, tax rules, etc)
• Able to multitask and effectively prioritise competing tasks and deadlines
• Strong at building relationships with stakeholders, partners, and team members
• Able to work autonomously with a geographically dispersed and remote team
• Experience with building and managing teams in a rapidly scaling environment
• Understand and believe in carbon removal as an essential tool to fight climate change
• Bonus: Familiarity with navigating government grant processes in USA and Europe
• Bonus: Familiarity with carbon removal permitting processes in USA