Calling great minds
To unleash big ideas
We have bold ambitions to help the world to decarbonise.
To get there, we’ll need great minds ready to unleash big ideas, strong leaders ready to inspire and team players ready to make it happen.
44.01 was borne out of a deep concern for the condition of our planet. We are focused on pioneering mineralisation of CO2 into rock, storing it safely and permanently. Our technology accelerates a natural weathering process, to help permanently eliminate the world’s growing CO2 emissions. We are doing this so our children and their children have a planet they can live and thrive on. Our mission is to make negative emissions accessible, feasible and scalable.
Doing the Right Thing
Legally, morally, and ethically we make wise decisions based on these founding principles
Restore our earth
we are purposeful in our mission to help reduce carbon emissions; we are driven by a passion to restore the balance that has been lost and to bring back a sense of equilibrium
Challenge the Status Quo
To solve the crisis of our generation, we need bold ideas and cutting-edge technology to mitigate climate disaster.
We are hiring
About the role:
Reporting to the Engineering Officer, the Process Design Captain is responsible for creating process design concepts that meet the objectives and requirements of the injection activity. You will be exposed to the entire lifecycle of the project, from FEED stage to handover to the operations team.
The Process Design Captain will work as part of a process engineering team and will regularly engage and coordinate with engineering team members from other disciplines. You must be able to work autonomously and communicate with external vendors / system manufacturers, as required.
What you’ll do:
• Create process concept designs, to develop concept PFD’s, process control logic and P&ID’s
• Engineering calculations to size and spec process equipment
• Compile Process Equipment Datasheets, prepare technical layouts and drawings for proposal estimation
• Engage external parties to submit proposals, provide process input to other disciplines, review technocommercial vendor offers
• Review the Technical Document, evaluate scope of work, number of required drawings and establish design and drafting requirements. Review process schemes, designs, operating parameters, sizing and capacities, instrumentation and control requirements, Equipment Specifications, materials of construction and other documents
• Compile detailed engineering designs, prepare mass and energy balances, process safety diagrams and advise on material selection
• Use Process Simulation software such as HYSYS to ensure process design meets project objectives
• Ensure conformity of designs and layouts in accordance with Company Engineering procedures and ISO Quality Standards
• Supervise the preparation of Start-up and Operations Manuals. Prepare Operational Test Procedures (OTP’s) when required. Provide support to commissioning teams when required
• HAZOP study, Hazard registration, risk assessment matrix, ALARP analysis and design review
• Maintain job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading publications, and participating in professional training
• Keep abreast of new technologies and integrate innovative solutions
Who you are:
• Seeking a purposeful job in the sustainability space; you will understand and believe in negative emissions
• Skilled at problem-solving, critical thinking and reporting
• Good understanding of process engineering design and control system design
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Chemical / Process engineering
• Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience
Apply for this position using this link:
1. All questions are mandatory to answer
2. Uploading CV’s is required
3. All responses will be compiled into a live excel file, which will allow the filtration process to be quick and efficient
Thank you for your application.
Due to the volume of applications we can only respond to successful applicants.